Thursday, September 17, 2009

Death of the Right Fielder - writing the script

One of the focuses of this blog will be my creative developments. Here's what is taking front and center right now.

For my screenwriting class, I wrote an adaptation of a short story by Stuart Dybek called "Death of the Right Fielder." I took it upon myself to take a story with no dialogue and turn into a short film with a lot of dialogue. I knew it would be a challenge, but could potentially turn out a uniquely interesting script.

I felt comfortable enough with the script by its second draft that I sent it to the author to see what he thought of it. He liked it and gave me some good feedback.

Eventually, I would love to shoot the script. However, due to potential legal issues, I won't be doing that any time soon. Hopefully someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment