Sunday, April 17, 2011

Indy-Pendent Living

In May of 2010, my time at Ball State ended.

Then in June, I got married.

A month later, my wife and I moved to Indianapolis. We spent several months working at our respective jobs, looking for jobs in our field without much luck. It was hard for my wife to find good social work jobs without a Master's degree, and it was hard for me to find media jobs without all of my own camera/audio equipment saddled with 10+ years of experience.

Then great news came in the mail. My wife was accepted into the graduate program at Columbia University in New York City. The social work program at Columbia is among the best in the country. Fortunately for us, it will allow for infinitely more possibilities for work in my field as well. It's safe to say that the move to NYC will be extremely beneficial to both of us.

That is the main reason for re-igniting this blog. To gear up to go, I will doing posts over the next few weeks that re-examine my past audio, video, and web work. It's been long enough that I feel I can have a more objective opinion in regards to my work. I'd like to critique them for their good and bad qualities, but more than anything, I know what I need to do in the future to make my work the best that it can possibly be.

Stay tuned, I'll be starting these posts before the week is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment